DISCLAIMER: None of the posts or comments on this blog constitute legal advice, and we strongly recommend that you consult with a lawyer before taking any actions against landlords or other parties.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Once You've Signed the Lease

Congratulations! You’ve signed on for your first apartment. Before you leave the office, don’t forget to have a copy made of all the documents for your own files. It’s important to have all contracts stored in a safe place for easy reference. I moved in to one apartment with the understanding that I would be allowed to have pets. My roommate and I filled out and signed a form specifying how many pets we planned to have and of what kind. After I got my cat, the property manager told me no pets allowed. Fortunately, they did not enforce that rule, but it was a relief to know that I had a copy of that contract in my files if the need ever arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment