DISCLAIMER: None of the posts or comments on this blog constitute legal advice, and we strongly recommend that you consult with a lawyer before taking any actions against landlords or other parties.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Quick Reality Check

Remember, you aren't in University Housing anymore. There aren’t Residential Advisors, and there often isn’t nearly as high a level of service. I’ve known several students who got pissed at their landlords for things like not providing maid service, or not coming right away to unclog a stopped-up toilet. Unless there was a promise for maid service made in writing ahead of time, or that toilet is the only toilet in the apartment, don’t expect the landlords to be that hands-on. My general standard is: If the housing company is not infringing on my quality of life (i.e. I generally feel safe, am able to get my school work done, and they don't damage or destroy my stuff), then we’re all good. I'm okay plunging my own toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment